Friday, 20 March 2009
Saturday, 7 March 2009
Friday, 6 March 2009
Here are some updates on this week's progress:
And now for the scarey cutting bit:
That's me reached over half way with this project now :-)
Sunday, 1 March 2009
So here are my updates so far:
The fabric is 28 count linen and floss is DMC stranded and perle, and Caron Waterlillies, Rose Quartz. I started with some satin stitches
Then the moment of truth!! I snipped the fabric and drew out the threads. Not really difficult, but knowing that if you get it wrong, the whole thing is ruined is quite terrifying! I was going cross-eyed trying to count threads to make sure I was cutting in the right place.
Once cut, there are some lovely decorative stitches in this project
And here's where I've got to. The beads are Mill Hill and were quite lovely (and surprisingly easy) to add into the design.
More updates on this soon.