Saturday 6 March 2010

A finish - and a new start

I have finally finished my Roses Runner project!!!  And I'm so delighted with it.  The hardanger parts weren't too difficult after all the practise with the Classsic Embroidery Tiles, but I was worried about cutting around the outside border.  However, when I finally plucked up the courage to get on with it, it cut easily and as you can see, didn't fall apart when I did it! 




So, what next?  Well something I've wanted to try stitching for a while now - a Judy Dixon design.  This one is a class from Classic Stitches magazine, and I haven't been able to put it down :-)

It started out last Monday as a lovely delivery from the postie:




Those threads are lovely :-)  Two colours of Gloriana silk, a Kreinik silk mori, Petite Treasure Braid and DMc perle.  The fabric is 28ct Jobelan and the beads, Mill Hill (of course).

Within a few hours of starting I had a WIP like this:





And up to date today (unbelievably quick for me!) it now looks like this:




More updates soon on this one I think :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my doilies!
    You've done an amazing job on the hardanger, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete