Monday, 3 August 2009
Sunday, 19 April 2009
I've really enjoyed this stitching project so far. I've discovered that I love working with perle floss and Satin Stitch. The fabric is blue 28 count evenweave (I think it's Jobelan, but I'm not sure) and we're using Chameleon perle and Chameleon cotton floss. Lovely to work with, although the yellow is a bit of a sickly colour :-( The pattern is once again from Thimble Cottage designs, so is actually designed by our stitch class teacher, Tanya.
Thursday, 16 April 2009
First is a Scissor Keeper. The design is by Tanya of Thimble Cottage Designs and it's worked on 28 count white linen using perle cotton and beautiful Gloriana silk. I love this floss - it's now my favourite silk. I would start collecting it, but at £4.40 a skein I don't think the collection would get very big!!!
So here are my updates on this project:
A close up of some of the design features. The little Rhodes hearts are cute, aren't they?
And here's where I've got to on this - front and back finished, but no instructions on how to complete the project :-(
I was a bit disappointed when I got to Stitch Club last week to find that we're just meant to finish it off ourselves - somehow. Anyway, I've found some fabric to line it with, so piccies soon on how it turns out.
Friday, 20 March 2009
Saturday, 7 March 2009
Friday, 6 March 2009
Here are some updates on this week's progress:
And now for the scarey cutting bit:
That's me reached over half way with this project now :-)
Sunday, 1 March 2009
So here are my updates so far:
The fabric is 28 count linen and floss is DMC stranded and perle, and Caron Waterlillies, Rose Quartz. I started with some satin stitches
Then the moment of truth!! I snipped the fabric and drew out the threads. Not really difficult, but knowing that if you get it wrong, the whole thing is ruined is quite terrifying! I was going cross-eyed trying to count threads to make sure I was cutting in the right place.
Once cut, there are some lovely decorative stitches in this project
And here's where I've got to. The beads are Mill Hill and were quite lovely (and surprisingly easy) to add into the design.
More updates on this soon.
Sunday, 22 February 2009
The project is being stitched on 28 count Antique White Brittney. Most of the stitching will be using Chinese silk I got from eBay. The borders though are stitched using the lovely Caron Waterlilies variegated silk.
So here we have week 1, Robin:
And week 3 Snowdrops (no I haven't finished week 2 yet, but I liked this one so much it just had to be next):
Week 5 is nearly finished, so that will be next - but I'm not telling you what it is!!
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Wednesday, 18 February 2009
Anyway, today I just want to show everything I managed to complete last year. There's not a huge amount, but I love them all.
Here's my first finish of last year (this only took me 12 years to complete!!!!)
And here are all the others:
A charity card for Cross Stitch Forum
Anemones - this was my holiday project and will always remind me of a wonderful holiday in Cyprus last summer. It's stitched on 28 count linen, using DMC linen threads, and finished with turquoise blue beads. I love the look of the finished project, but have to admit I didn't enjoy working with the linen floss.
My Christmas 2008 ornament (I'd like to start doing one or two of these every year now)
It doesn't look much really when you see them all together - but I've got several more I've been working on, but have not actually finished yet. I'll post an update on these soon.
Monday, 16 February 2009
So here's how it came together:
and finally the completed project:
The original stained glass piece by Charles Rennie mackintosh is on view to the public at The Hunterian Art Gallery in Glasgow University. I'd love to go and see it someday now!