Wednesday 18 February 2009

Finishes from 2008

Early last year I picked up my cross stitch after having ignored it for several years - and I haven't stopped stitching since! Mostly to blame is Cross Stitch Forum - a wonderful place full of enthusiastic and friendly stitchers who will gladly introduce you to the real meaning of Stash :-)

Anyway, today I just want to show everything I managed to complete last year. There's not a huge amount, but I love them all.

Here's my first finish of last year (this only took me 12 years to complete!!!!)

And here are all the others:

A charity card for Cross Stitch Forum

Orchid Panel:

Poppy Card

Anemones - this was my holiday project and will always remind me of a wonderful holiday in Cyprus last summer. It's stitched on 28 count linen, using DMC linen threads, and finished with turquoise blue beads. I love the look of the finished project, but have to admit I didn't enjoy working with the linen floss.

My Christmas 2008 ornament (I'd like to start doing one or two of these every year now)

It doesn't look much really when you see them all together - but I've got several more I've been working on, but have not actually finished yet. I'll post an update on these soon.

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful, especially the one of the House with the fruit.

    ReplyDelete